Thursday, July 1, 2010

Garden News

Today I could finally water my field! After the endless rain finally stopped, it got really hot here in Austria. Two weeks with no rain and temperatures of 30° C every day make watering my plants a necessity. Whenever I came to the field the water supply was interrupted or the pump not connected. I mailed my contact at the farm and was promissed a different organisation for the water supply from now on. Well, it was not different today, but at least someone was there to connect me to the pump, though it only gave a little water and it was turend off before I had finished watering everything.
At least 6 of my zucchini seeds are growing, the one plant I bought even started to bloom!
One of my potato plants is blooming too!
The first tomatos are showing (the onions in the background belong to a neighbour).

This plant is a "sugar root" (sium sisarum). It is one of 5 plants I managed to get from seeds.

I hope that the water situation will finally be resolved, as the garden I wanted to have for relaxation turned into a lot of frustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment