Sunday, October 24, 2010

Grado6

Our last day in Grado was started with a critique session of our paintings. Afterwards we set of to Duino, where we set off on "Rilke Weg" a path along the coast which offers a wonderfull view of Duino castle in one direction and towards Mirarmare (though far off) in the other direction.

Albert challenged us to paint the rock and the castle with negative painting, which did work with the castle but I somehow lost the rock it sits on. To be honest, I was exhausted and not very motivated to paint, which can be seen in the result.
Even worse is the second painting of the day, which I did after lunch (and I was the only one who did a second painting). This time Albert did not do a painting first, so I had to find my way on my own, which immediately showed my weakness: how do I start. Well, no one said that painting watercolor is easy, and there is a long way to go yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment