Saturday, December 25, 2010

Sketchbook 2010 - Tuscany

While I blogged about the paintings and drawings of my classes this year I just realized that I never showed images from my sketchbook. These last few days of the year are the perfect time for that. To be honest, travel sketchbooks are my love. It is such a wonderfull way of experiencing the area more intensively.

I loved visitin San Giminiano, which I only knew from the movie "Brother Sun and Sister Moon". I confused all of my travel companions with my enthusiasm, as non of them knew Zeffirelli's film.

I love my landscape sketchbook. If I think an image will be to high, I just draw on the diagonal, which, for me, adds interest and movement.
Sienna! I wish I would have had more time to sketch in the city as well and not just the view of the dome. Having read "Der Palio der toten Reiter" by Fruttero and Lucentini, I would have loved to spend some time there.

No comments:

Post a Comment