Monday, November 28, 2011

Orca Bay

Up till now this blog has mostly dealt with my drawing and painting experience with a little gardening and knitting thrown in. It is time to take care of the quilting part. Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville's Quips & Snips offeres a new Mystery Quilt to follow along and I have decided to join in.
As Bonnies quilts tend to be on the larger side :-) I have decided to start out with half the units in every step and decide after the reveiling, how many more I have to make (or how many to put back into my scrap box(es). I want to end up with a nice twin size quilt.112 black and white hour glass blocks for part 1,
and 72 blue string blocks later, I am ready for part 3, which will hit newsstands - no Bonnie's blog on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you have joined in - your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are beautiful. It's good to start off slow, you can always make more if you need them.

    ReplyDelete