Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Studio Work

As the weather is no longer tempting to stay outside for longer times, it is time to bring all the inspiration collected during summer and work inside. A studio class with Albert Hoffmann working with ink and watercolor was fun and I love the results.

The view from the upper Belvedere to the lower Belvedere and St. Stephens Cathedral in the back, Kahlenberg and Leopoldsberg off in the distance,... a view I have enjoyed many times. Having spent so much time in Venice this year I brought some photos to class and using them and our memories Maria Della Salute took form on paper:
And to finish of a productive day I spent some time with the sketch of a Venice canal.

I wish it was spring again, but until then - memories and drawing them - have to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment