Monday, January 2, 2012

Orca Bay &Top

Oh, what a gorgeous quilt Bonnie gave us!
I had cought up with piecing half the blocks every step asked for on the evening of the 31st and actually planned on cleaning up my sewing space (living room) on Jan. 1st as I expect guests today and have to do a thorough cleaning after sewing and crafting for weeks. But when I saw how wonderfull Orca Bay looked I just could not help myself and had to start piecing the top. I needed to make some more blue and red parts, so I could finish the last row but I just had to do it. I finished around 10 and then just grabbed all the sewing stuff and dumped it into my bedroom - which now looks as if a bomb had gone off...

Instead of starting to clean I just had to take a picture this morning. I think with the border added (boy do I need more parts for that!) it will be a wonderfull quilt for my living room couch to snuggle under while knitting or reading. Flannel backing?

Bonnie, thank you so much for all your work and lovely ideas you so generously share with us!

16 comments:

  1. Wow! You're farther along than almost anyone, I think -- and it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great result. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I am very impressed! GREAT JOB!

    sao in Midlothian, VA
    drsaowens@ gmail dot com
    www.shirleyanneheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You worked very hard to get that together so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great. I worked for several hours and only got three rows pieced together. lol

    I haven't even thought of backing yet. I guess I'd better hop to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt! I bet your guests won't even notice the dust bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks beautiful and flannel on the back would be a great idea as this looks like a winter quilt. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Flannel backing......yummy idea! Looks great!
    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I still haven't finished step 7...beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, congrats on getting your top centre together!! Flannel backing sounds wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your top looks so good on the bed. I like the idea of flannel. I hadn't even begun to think of the backing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Job!! You quilt is looking great!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. looks great. Am busy getting mine put together. This makes for a wonderful on-line quilt show.

    ReplyDelete