Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Grado 2012

As I did the last two years, I spent the first week of September in Grado again. We visited old, familiar places but also new ones.
On our first painting day we went into the center of the old town and painted the same sunny scene we painted last year:
After lunch we took the boat to Barbana, a lovely tiny island in the laguna with a church dedicated to Maria.
The second day started out in Palmanova, where a market was held in the city center:
After a wonderfull lunch in San Daniele we painted the town (have I ever told you how much I hate hills?)
The third day we painted at the harbour. While I fortified myself with coffe after a frustrating painting experience, the wind blew my painting into the water and it was saved by the heroic effort of my friends and a luckily arriving boat producing waves, which brought the painting back so it could be reached.
The afternoon was spent at the harbor as well, I chose to draw instead of paint:

Wednesday morning we painted a view over the laguna, at a place where we went during my first trip to Grado (underpainting by me, the rest was painted by my professor).

The afternoon was spent at Aquilea, the less said about our painting efforts there, the better :-)
Thursday morning we visited the old town again:
The afternoon took us to Duino, but this time to the other end of Rilke Weg where we hoped to be able to paint Triest in the distance, but ended up painting sky and water impressions as we could hardly see Triest.
Friday morning we visited the little fisher village where we were serenaded so lovely last year (again a lot of help from my professor in this one):
The end of our trip: one last fishingboat in the harbour in town:
Looking back I am quite satisfied with the results.



No comments:

Post a Comment