Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy Street 1

Well, who does not need a challenge just before christmas? Bonnie Hunter from Quiltville gives us an early Christmas present with her free mystery quilt Easy Street.
At least the first week ended up to be easy with 192 4-patches. I've decided to follow Bonnie's color suggestions but as I want to make this quilt from my stash I ended up having to use different grays as I only have fat quarters or half yard pieces at the most.

Now that the first part is done, I can get back to the two baby quilts I am piecing. One is for the new daughter of a colleague who decided to come three weeks early - clever girl, who wants to have a birthday two weeks before christmas? - and the other for a 1,5 year old grandchild of another colleague. A bit of "mindless" piecing in the evening is just the right thing I need to clear my head and get ready for another workday.

2 comments:

  1. Your 4-patches look lovely in the fabrics you chose. Yes, we all need to do a mystery amongst the Christms madness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing what everyone has pulled out for the background and their choice for constant! Thank you for sharing yours, Sharyn

    ReplyDelete