Saturday, June 1, 2013

Knitting - Creature Comforts Cardi


While working on blocks for the Lizzard Ridge afghan I discovered one colorway of the many I had chosen I especially loved and decided to get more of and knit myself a cardigan. Looking for a simple pattern that would alow to star the wool I discovered tha Creature Comfort Cardi.
 
It was a quick knit with the cabel panel posing just enough challenge to keep me on my toes. Thanks to youtube I found explanations for all the english knitting expressions I was not familiar with. While I probably should have made it a size or two larger, it is comfortable to wear at home and does not get in the way when washing dishes or bending over. It is perfect for having a warm back and sholders and actually is more like a shrug than a cardi and has already replaced my many shawls I usually wear (and which usually end up hanging into the water or slipping off my sholders when washing dishes or cooking...).

I've already chosen my next project as I found a bag full of wool and a started project (probably 2004) without the instructions. As I still love the color and the material, I've decided to use it next and not buy something new. I also found other started projects which no longer interest me and I also do not like the wool anymore. These I will probably unravel and give the wool away, but that is a decission for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment