Monday, September 2, 2013

Training

Just two more weeks and this year’s Photomarathon takes place! Though I was doubtful after finishing last year whether I would participate again, as soon as registration opened I signed up! I already have a great idea for the photo with my starting number: 42! OK, I admit, I'm a nerd :-)

When I received an invitation to participate in a 4 hrs. corse to prepare for the marathon I immediately signed up, as it also fits in with my attempts to make good photos for all the challenges I participate in.

A group of 14 eager photographers met yesterday afternoon for a "leisurely" stroll through a small part of the 9th district. Our teacher told as a lot about what the jurors are looking for and how to compose a catching photo. He suggested a theme and a meeting place and off we went. After each photo we showed him our choices and he offered feedback. We managed 14 themes in 4 hours and I was as exhausted as I remembered being last year! Fun!

Grafity
 Lesson: Do not take photos of a grafity you like - it is not your picture! Add architecture, grass...
 Resting in Vienna
Lesson: Good choice, but pay attention to stay straight!
Monument
Lesson: Fill the format!
Trash
Full points!
Backhoe

Good choice!
Borders
Good choice!
Meeting
Lesson: Good choice, but closer and fill the format.
14
Lesson: Again: NOT your idea!
Schilderwald (wood of signs)
Lesson: Good choice, but do NOT place a motive in the middle!
Door
Lesson: Good choice, but bigger, FILL your format!
Roof
Good choice.
Oasis in town

Good choice.
Old Vienna
Lesson: Good choice, but DO NOT place your motive in the middle!!!!
Colleagues
Lesson: Good choice, but FILL YOUR FORMAT!

OK, two weeks to rest up and get better aquainted with my new camera and most importantly remember everything I learned yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment